May 9, 2014

A Life Less Ordinary Interview

A Life Less ordinary
By,
Victoria bernadine


Contemporary Romance/Chick Lit
Date Published: December 2012


For the last fifteen years, Rose “Manny” Mankowski has been a very good girl. She turned her back on her youthful fancies and focused on her career. But now, at the age of 45, she's questioning her choices and feeling more and more disconnected from her own life. When she's passed over for promotion and her much younger new boss implies Manny's life will never change, something snaps. In the blink of an eye, she's quit her job, sold her house and cashed in her pension, and she's leaving town on a six month road trip.

After placing a personal ad for a travelling companion, she's joined in her mid-life crisis by Zeke Powell, the cynical, satirical, most-read – and most controversial – blogger for the e-magazine, What Women Want. Zeke's true goal is to expose Manny's journey as a pitiful and desperate attempt to reclaim her lost youth – and increase his readership at the same time. Leaving it all behind for six months is just an added bonus.

Now, armed with a bagful of destinations, a fistful of maps, and an out-spoken imaginary friend named Harvey, Manny's on a quest to rediscover herself – and taking Zeke along for the ride.

Buy Links: 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Victoria was nice enough to stop by and answer a few questions for me!
Plus she brought along a giveaway..we all like those right!

What was your favorite scene to write?

Thanks for hosting me today!

My favourite scene to write varies depending on the day you ask me.  Today, it’s the scenes that take place in a fictional town called Ringo.  The whole chapter signals a shift in the relationship between Zeke and Manny, but I find there’s something very sweet about their interactions at that moment in their journey.

What is your favorite genre to read?

I read all genres, but my all-time favourite is science fiction.

Where did you come up with the idea to write this book?

The book is based on how I was feeling at that particular moment in my life.  I wanted to run away from everything, and since I couldn’t do it myself, I had Manny do it for me.

What are you writing now?

I’m currently writing another romantic comedy called Along Came Jones.  I’m hoping to publish it later this year.  I also have another two books (already written) that I’ll be publishing in the next few months called Historian’s Daughter (a tragic romance in a dystopian post-apocalyptic setting) and Plugs (a dystopian post-apocalyptic novella).

Any advice for writers?

Write the things you love to read, and love the journey, not just the destination.

Author Links: 
Twitter: @vicbernadine





1 comment :

  1. Hi - thanks for hosting me today. The interview was a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete