July 14, 2014

Vampire Lies Review

Vampire Lies

(Blood and Snow, Season 2 Book #1)
By,
RaShelle Workman
4 stars!!!


 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg


Blood and Snow Season Two
Book 1 ~ Vampire Lies
*** Eyes like violet sapphires. Wings of smoldering fire. Consume your true love's blood. Become the Eternal Vampire. ***

Once upon a time there lived a vampire with wings and the genie who loved her...

Born of the seven magics, Jasmine is different in every way, including the obnoxious wings on her back courtesy of the original Vampires. She wants to be normal, to be a regular teenaged girl.

When a gorgeous dark-haired boy named Laeddin shows up and promises to sneak her away from all her problems and hide her in the human world, she agrees. 

But an evil lurks in her nightmares, a man with red eyes. It doesn’t take long for Jasmine to realize that no matter how far she tries to run from who she is, he’s only a dream away. He wants her. He needs her. He acts as though he loves her. 

It’s becoming harder and harder to tell the difference between the path that’ll lead to her happily ever after, and the path that’ll lead to her destruction as well as all magic.


My Thoughts…

This book is about good ol’ teenage rebellion….Vampire addition.



Add in a retelling of Aladdin and a touch of Sleeping Beauty are you have the making of a great story.


And it delivered. This was a great start to a great series. I read the beginning of the first season on Blood and Snow. I have yet to make it through the whole thing but I am working on it. I was really into it when they were begin released and then lost track of them. But now that they are all out I will be making my way through them. From what I have read this is a great addition. Jasmine is Snow’s daughter. She is an Original Vampire with wings. She is the only one left that has them. She doesn’t want to be different. She wants to be a normal girl in the human realm. When Laeddin shows up he can give her everything she’s ever wanted.

Jasmine is a teenage vampire that just wants to be normal. She is different from the other vampires and she doesn’t see that as a good thing, like everyone else. She meets Laeddin, a genie that can take her to the human realm for a normal life. Jasmine is a sweet character. She is going through the normal teenage stages, you know rebellion and all that, but she is still sweet. She is arrogant and a smart ass at times but I really like her character. She is not one to let the love interest come in a save the day. She is always looking for ways to help herself.


Laeddin was a great addition to the story. He was a great leading man and he brought something extra to the story. He has been watching her for a while. She came to take refuge in his cave and she didn’t even know it. He can’t resist the urge to grant wishes anymore so he grants the one that she desperately wants. You can tell that he cares for her. He stays to help her in a world that neither of them know very well. He tries to fight it but they can’t stay away from each other for long.

And then BAM!! We get hit with the real villain!! Which is where Sleeping Beauty comes in. But we only get a glimpse and then the book ends!! So wrong right!?


The other characters were great too. We didn’t get to know many but the few that we did brought good things to the story. They helped grow Jasmine’s character. The only thing I was disappointed about was the evil, mystery, creepy dream walker guy. I was expecting him to play a bigger part in the story than he actually did. I mean we met him maybe two times. So is was disappointing after the blurb made it sound like he was going to play a bigger part than he did. Maybe he will later but for now we have no idea who he is or what he wants. There are also a few other blurb things that I feel like didn’t get addressed or at least addressed as much as I wanted them to. I am not going to say which ones cause it might be a spoiler. I am really trying to reserve judgment but I feel a love triangle coming on and I can’t take it. I hope I am wrong but I have a bad feeling if this blurb and what was written is anything to go by.



Anyway despite that the book was really good and I can’t wait to read the next one!!

 photo 077b8f97-b6d8-4ea3-995c-e224f76746e8_zpsa41e023d.png

3 comments :

  1. Thanks for being on the tour, Alexa! Glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Thanks for sharing, Alexa! :)
    I want to read this book! It's given that I will enjoy it as I loooove vampire stories!! \/'''\/
    Thank you for the amazing giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book was pretty amazing! Now I have to go and reread Season 1!

    ReplyDelete