August 15, 2014

Stay Blitz


Stay 
(Alexa Reed #1) 
By 

Hilary Wynne


 photo GR_zps5fe521f1.jpg


Synopsis:


Set against the steamy and sultry world of South Beach, Florida, a modern romance unfolds in Stay.

Alexa is beautiful, independent and hard to resist for serially unattached Julian. Neither one is looking for a relationship, but their palpable chemistry and instant emotional connection is too strong to ignore. For the first time in years, Julian is interested in more than just sex. He wants a relationship with intoxicating Alexa, but it’s not that simple. Not only are Julian and Alexa struggling with the intensity of this new relationship, but they also have to contend with Luke, Alexa’s best friend, whose own love for her leaves him willing to do anything to convince her that Julian is not the man for her. Luke’s determination and Alexa’s secret past threaten to tear Julian and Alexa apart as she struggles to open her heart to love. Julian and 

Alexa embark upon a roller-coaster ride of emotional and physical passion that both pulls them apart and holds them together. Despite their affinity for each other, 
Alexa fears that Julian will leave when he learns about her past and Julian is unsure he can love a woman who in so many ways remains a mystery, a woman who keeps threatening to run, a woman who can’t decide if she is going to STAY.








 photo images3_zps290a34c6.jpg photo 077b8f97-b6d8-4ea3-995c-e224f76746e8_zpsa41e023d.png





Julian leans his head back on the couch and looks straight ahead. “Do you know that I haven’t touched you tonight because I can’t focus on anything else when I’m touching you? Do you know I haven’t been able to stop thinking about your lips and your tongue and your beautiful body since Saturday? I had to will my body to stay still and not pick you up and hold you when I saw you at lunch today. I didn’t even trust myself to shake your hand. I’m aching to be close to you, to be inside of you. This physical connection between us could consume me.”

Julian gives me a sweet kiss and picks me up into his arms. I wrap my legs around his waist and he carries me the short distance down the hall and into his bedroom. He doesn’t say anything and doesn’t try to kiss me again. His gaze is hot and full of longing. He’s holding me tightly against him, as if he’s afraid I’ll try to get away. I don’t want to go anywhere except wherever he’s taking me. I officially lost any desire to fight these feelings of doubt I had the minute he kissed me in the elevator. For tonight, I’m his, and I don’t want to wait anymore. His heart is beating rapidly, and his breathing is heavy. I can sense he’s also through waiting.

I open my eyes, and Julian is staring down at me with that same reverent look he had in the hallway a few weeks ago. The same one that had me looking for an escape. The same uneasiness I felt then passes through me, and I can’t figure out what about his stare is making me so uneasy. I’m going to fight through it. I push myself up to my feet and stand in front of him. I turn my face up to him and thread my fingers through his.
              
“Kiss me, please.”
              
I say the words softly and pleadingly. I’m aching to feel his lips on mine, and I’m searching for a way to bring the physical aspect of our relationship back into the dynamic. It’s feeling too emotional between us, and I’m uncomfortable. I half expect him to tell me no. He has withheld himself from me all night and has proven his restraint. I would’ve let him have his way with me the moment I saw him in the lobby earlier had he tried. I don’t want to wait for this anymore, and I’m not feeling shy about it.
        
I’m not sure if it was the way I asked him or the fact we’re touching, but something has helped him decide we’re past the just-talking portion of the program now. Julian leans down and brushes his lips against mine. He starts to pull back, but I just can’t let him. I let go of his hand and reach up around his neck. I pull him to me and press my mouth to his. Hard. I open my lips and slide my tongue into his mouth. What happens next can only be described as something similar to a dam breaking. All of the lust and need we’ve been holding back tonight races through our bodies, and we hold onto each other as if we might drown in these feelings. Julian’s lips and tongue find their way to my neck and my face, and he marks me with his longing. His mouth is hot and wet on my skin. Our tongues are battling as each of us tries to control the tempo and pace of our kisses. I can feel his muscles tighten as desire courses through him, and I melt into his strong body as he pulls me to his chest. I’m on fire, and nothing could keep me from this man in this moment.

AUTHOR BIO

Have you ever woken up one day and said, “Today’s the day I’m going to do (insert thing here)?” Well, I did, and the result is my first novel, Stay. I always thought of myself as a decent writer, and then a trip down memory lane through my ninth grade book of poetry confirmed it. I realize that I have always had a romantic side and a way with words. With support from my husband and kids (and an unspoken agreement to leave me alone for a few hours every night), I embarked on this incredible writing journey.

I’m originally from sunny Southern California and spent my summers in South Florida. I attended college at FSU and received my Masters in New Mexico. I finally settled in the Washington, DC area. My happy place has always been anywhere near the water.

When I’m not writing, I help run a business with my husband, watch an inordinate amount of sports (my kids play something 365 days a year), indulge my competitive spirit on the tennis court, and spend time with my awesome family and friends.

I am an avid reader, but find my characters feel neglected when I hang out with other author’s characters for too long. When I do read, historical fiction is my favorite genre. I love traveling and experiencing different cultures, places, and times.

I feel so blessed that my love of books inspired me to finally do something that I forgot I had always dreamed about doing.

My someday has arrived!




 photo images_zpscbd9001b.jpg photo 4fd113c2-b4fb-411d-b165-8b2eb09139a6_zpsd0d64622.jpg photo 436e2a53-ba1d-4ae3-817a-f3a7fe75c65a_zps58cb7c6c.png photo goodreads_zpse9b757d3.gif








1 comment :